It’s May already? Damn…
- “Although Coleman was granted his release from UT last weekend, Volunteers coach Lane Kiffin did exclude several prospective schools from that release.” Shoot – I was hoping he’d end up with one of the many coaches that Junior’s managed to endear himself to already. Spurrier would have been perfect.
- “Orgeron said he has only read portions of Lewis’ book…” Only the parts only where he was mentioned? Only the words comprised of less than three syllables? What exactly? Inquiring minds want to know.
- The Dread Pirate Leach likes the Grateful Dead. Nobody’s perfect.
- You’ve probably already read David Hale’s latest on the state of the program, but if you haven’t, go do it now.
- Does this kid have a future at Ole Miss? “Angelo Hadley was having sex with 14-year-old female at the residence while his brothers committed the burglary, according to the report.” That’s not quite as bad as using a dead girl’s credit card, but it’s got a certain panache to it, nevertheless. Plus, he’s a safety and he’s available. (h/t The Wiz)
- The player whose stock has risen the most from spring ball? More and more, the meme says it’s Terrell Pryor. Personally, I don’t think I’m emotionally prepared for another Greatest Player Of Our Era.
- It’s easy to make fun of Congressional stupidity when our representatives stick their noses in foolish ways into things like the BCS. But we shouldn’t lose sight of the fact that sometimes these clowns can be dangerously stupid (h/t Overlawyered). Could you imagine trying to moderate a football message board if a law like that passed?
- On the other hand, here’s populism we can believe in (h/t The Wiz): the University of Minnesota tries to limit the sale of booze to those in the premium seats, but the state legislature says no dice. Salut!