First off, start your morning with a couple of secondary violation stories.
- Brian Cook takes South Carolina’s “impermissible snacks” violation and runs with it.
- At least Georgia’s heading in the right direction with its violation numbers.
Next, try these two tales of the recession.
- You want to know why Bob Stoops is worth every penny Oklahoma pays him? “Despite an economic downturn, the University of Oklahoma has a higher football season-ticket renewal rate than any time in the Bob Stoops era.” That’s with a hike in ticket prices, by the way.
- On the flip side, this is nice. “The timing couldn’t be any better for walk-on defensive tackle Brandon Wheeling to be awarded a scholarship for the upcoming season… Wheeling’s father, Kenny, was laid off recently from his job as a truck driver.”
Finish up with these random bits and pieces.
- Dear God, not again.
- Maybe Evil Richt is recruiting Matt Elam.
- When is a .629 winning percentage not above average? When you’re Joe at Coaches Hot Seat Blog and you’re still very, very pissed about the BCS.
- Is FSU the tip of the iceberg? Sad to say, probably.
Oh, yeah… this isn’t a football article, but it’s a Michael Lewis piece, which means it’s still worth your attention.