Inside and outside of SEC Media Days, (college football) life goes on:
- Hey! Finally, a Nick Saban quote I can get behind: Alabama football coach Nick Saban does not like predicting how “a bunch of adolescents” will perform, so he’s not about to guess where his Crimson Tide will be at season’s end. Crusty, but accurate.
- Georgia lawmaker to the state of Florida: give us your water, or we’re taking the WLOCP out of Jacksonville. Idiot.
- Dennis Dodd smacks Clay Travis over the “are you a virgin?” question.
- I had forgotten, but this article on Jeff Owens reminded me that the school’s all-time record on the bench press is still held by Ben Watson, physical freak.
- Joe at Coaches Hot Seat Blog can’t make up his mind whether, with the new TV deal, ESPN will do the SEC’s bidding and stop questioning the BCS or become the Trojan Horse that leads college football to the promised land of playoffs. Or something.
- Right now, Auburn has more commitments for its 2010 class from the metro Atlanta area than it does from the entire state of Alabama. Sounds like it’s time to get out that limo again.
- So this year’s motto for the Ole Miss team is “Unsatisfied”. Not bad, especially if they adopt this as their theme song: