Line up, grab a plate… you know the drill.
- It sounds like Mark Richt’s been getting in touch with his inner couch potato this summer. Not that there’s anything wrong with that.
- Chris at Smart Football ponders life, football and the South. I’m not sure I agree with everything in his post (in fact, I know I don’t), but it’s definitely an intriguing read.
- It’s hard to argue with this guy.
- “You have to spend money to make money. Nowhere is that adage more relevant than in Tennessee football recruiting.” Did I miss something about Fulmer’s last four years?
- Gene Chizik, gone but not forgotten at Iowa State. Hope he never needs a reference from his former charges there.
- “Scheduling has been the biggest knock on the nonautomatic-qualifying conferences. Either the nonconference schedule is so difficult that it can’t get what has become a mandatory undefeated season for BCS bowl participation…” Pardon me, but isn’t that the whole freakin’ point in the first place?
- Methinks Sam Bradford doth protest too much.