It’s probably not as good as the spread the Dawgs are seeing this AM, but you take what you can get.
- In his defense (pun intended), a pass rushing defensive line would make Willie Martinez look a lot smarter.
- Here’s a good breakdown of the top 25 teams’ non-conference schedules. And, yeah, even in a field of crap, Ole Miss’ really stands out.
- This stuff is growing extremely tiresome. In college football, there’s a reason the rich get richer: they nurture a product that we want to see. It’s not like the SEC, Big Ten or Big XII are trust fund beneficiaries sitting around idly clipping coupons.
- As clichés go, SEC defenses trumping Big XII offenses is one I’ll take.
- Yes, someone has actually written a column about his favorite Independence Bowl memories. Goosebumps!
- David Ching takes another look at Mark Richt’s new attitude about playing true freshmen. We’ll see.
- Bernie notes that Mike Gundy’s a man – except when it comes to that pesky discipline stuff. I can’t say I’m particularly surprised.
- A great historical note from one of my all-time favorite games in Jacksonville – Kerwin Bell, MVP.