Because breakfast is the most important meal of the day:
- “… and with the departure of speedster Percy Harvin, the Gators were looking for someone to offer a change-of-pace style behind Tebow.” I thought that was John Brantley’s role.
- Were I a Kansas State booster, it would be a very long time before I’d open my checkbook again.
- Here’s a 40-yard dash claim I’ve never heard made before: “A college sprint coach friend of mine insists that if Bolt or Johnson focused on training and preparing for a 40-yard dash, they’d run closer to 4.0 flat than 4.3.” I’m not sure I buy that, but I’ve wondered if anyone has checked to see if Usain Bolt has any ability to catch a football.
- “College athletics programs still operate within university systems. That alone alters the free-market concept. Within a university system are different parameters — and guidelines — for paying or rewarding any employee.” Because? How many columns do you figure Ron Morris has written about “any employee” besides those in the athletic department over the years?
- And, hey, don’t take my word about that: “Imagine how invigorated our country’s pursuit of innovation would be if our news reports covered research discoveries as enthusiastically as they do college football…”