Rise and shine, friends, and grab a plate.
- Another Gamecock starting defensive lineman is arrested at a nightclub. Does anyone even bat an eye over this kind of news anymore?
- It may not matter how good or bad Tennessee’s returning quarterbacks are, if the Vols don’t have any receivers to throw the ball to. Jones’ injury is a big loss.
- (And, not to wish ill on any other school, but if you’re a Georgia fan, it has to be a relief to see those kinds of news stories emanating from places other than Athens.)
- To abuse an old cliché, if you’re playing three quarterbacks, that usually means you don’t have one quarterback.
- Rex Robinson understands why Tech fans have been putting on airs lately.
- The more I think about it, the best reason to name Chris Todd as your starting quarterback is to give Tyrik Rollison time to grow into the job.
- Maybe this is damning with faint praise, but the improvement Houston Nutt got out of Orgeron’s players is pretty staggering:
Take a look at the massive statistical improvement Ole Miss made on offense from the regular season of 2007 to the regular season of 2008: from 9th in the SEC in total offense to 3rd; from 12th in scoring offense to 4th; from 11th in rush offense to 3rd; and from 8th in third-down conversions to 3rd. The strides taken by the defense were even more impressive: from 12th in total defense to 5th; from 11th in scoring defense to 4th; from 11th in rush defense to 2nd; from 10th in sacks to 1st; and from 11th in opponents third-down conversions to 3rd.