Rise and shine, friends, and grab a plate.
- Another Gamecock starting defensive lineman is arrested at a nightclub. Does anyone even bat an eye over this kind of news anymore?
- It may not matter how good or bad Tennessee’s returning quarterbacks are, if the Vols don’t have any receivers to throw the ball to. Jones’ injury is a big loss.
- (And, not to wish ill on any other school, but if you’re a Georgia fan, it has to be a relief to see those kinds of news stories emanating from places other than Athens.)
- To abuse an old cliché, if you’re playing three quarterbacks, that usually means you don’t have one quarterback.
- Rex Robinson understands why Tech fans have been putting on airs lately.
- The more I think about it, the best reason to name Chris Todd as your starting quarterback is to give Tyrik Rollison time to grow into the job.
- Maybe this is damning with faint praise, but the improvement Houston Nutt got out of Orgeron’s players is pretty staggering:
Take a look at the massive statistical improvement Ole Miss made on offense from the regular season of 2007 to the regular season of 2008: from 9th in the SEC in total offense to 3rd; from 12th in scoring offense to 4th; from 11th in rush offense to 3rd; and from 8th in third-down conversions to 3rd. The strides taken by the defense were even more impressive: from 12th in total defense to 5th; from 11th in scoring defense to 4th; from 11th in rush defense to 2nd; from 10th in sacks to 1st; and from 11th in opponents third-down conversions to 3rd.
5 responses to “Monday morning buffet”
I think the saying goes, “If you’re playing two quarterbacks, you don’t have one. If you’re playing three, you don’t have half of one.”
Weak Robinson article. He has a ways to go to enter your league Senator. I don’t mind someone taking shots at my humble bumbles, but please be original and creative.
Maybe there is a humor writing class available for old dawgs. Which correspondence course did you take Senator? Your writing is humorous … there is no way you learned that in law school.
Bill, I think it’s fair to say that law school is one place where they don’t tolerate a sense of humor too well.
Not that I didn’t try. 😉
I read once that there are no funny lawyers. There are only funny people who made unfortunate career choices.
No doubt that in my case, Professor Kurtz, and others, would agree.
Sorry I can’t resist this one.
Q: What do attorneys use for birth control?
A: Their personalities.
I kid. I kid. I’m sure that doesn’t apply to you Senator. As far as Rex is concerned, he may not be the writer that SB is, but he is, and always will be, a DGD!