Less than a week to go, folks.
- Pat Forde’s got a good column up about the evolution of college offenses. Read Rich Brooks’ comment at the end of the piece about what a good fit Tebow is for Meyer’s scheme and wonder again what Florida does with Jeff Brantley’s different skill set next year.
- Then you should read this companion article in The Quad about how college defenses are struggling to keep up with the changes on offense, if for no other reason than to see Gary Patterson’s chili metaphor.
- There’s nothing like a condescending, clichéd piece on Southerners to get you ready for the season opener.
- At least our schools are kicking ass in the revenue department, though. Plus, “Other conferences can downplay it all they want, but the SEC is everywhere now…” SEC! SEC! SEC!, indeed.
- The folks in the Mountain West continue to kid themselves: “The critical aspect as far as getting to one of the BCS games is doing very well in your conference…” See how that works for BYU if the Cougars get whipped by Oklahoma. Sooner or later, the MWC schools have to start winning some of those big OOC regular season match ups if the conference wants to be taken seriously year in and year out.
- Two phone calls were all it took to put Georgia and Oklahoma State together.
- When you come out of preseason practice and your biggest gripe is that your punt team isn’t living up to expectations, you’re in pretty good shape.
- No pressure, Pokes: “This is as big as it gets for a season opener for the Cowboys.”
- And why should there be pressure, when the answers to all of OSU’s questions are breaking the Cowboys’ way?