Sorry, no more links to Layla Kiffin in a sundress. You’ll have to settle for more football-related stuff.
- Tony Barnhart says Joe Cox is ‘da man.
- Speaking of Joe, it’s fair to point out that for his career he’s thrown more TD passes against South Carolina than Matt Stafford did.
- More proof that Georgia Tech lies and cheats.
- I get the feeling that the loss in Stillwater is going to look worse and worse for Georgia as the season goes along. (h/t The Wiz of Odds)
- Feel the love for Jonathan Crompton: “I can understand why Kiffin would stand by Crompton. If not for Crompton he wouldn’t have this job.”
- This is some story about Pahokee, Florida. If you’ve ever been to Palm Beach County, the disparity between Palm Beach and the western part of the county is stunning. (h/t The Wiz of Odds)
- Good stuff on Blair Walsh, who is the only D-1 kicker to boot two field goals of 50 or more yards so far this season. (By the way, if Chris Culliver’s 57-yard kickoff return was due to the trajectory of Walsh’s kick, why was Fabris giving Akeem Dent an “extended talking-to” after the play?)
- Another reason to do away with early season rankings: even the computers don’t have enough data to make sense.
- Yeah, the humiliation factor will make for some compelling TV, but the real reason I’ll be watching the Florida-Tennessee game is to see if Monte Kiffin is able to come up with some ways to slow down the Gator offense – with or without the help of James Brown.