Not the biggest of selections, but still worth a look:
- Another complaint about the illogic of the Coaches Poll. You know what we have to say about that here at GTP.
- Of course, you can argue that some of that is due to how unpredictable the early season has already proven to be.
- Strange factoid: Georgia is the only SEC team LSU hasn’t defeated under coach Les Miles.
- We pondered the blatant personal foul rule after that questionable call against Reshad Jones in the OSU game, but it takes the GPOOE™ to catch Dennis Dodd’s interest.
- Tony Barnhart says the schedule will do in Boise State’s national title chances. I agree that it should, but still think the screaming will be more intense than ever if two one-loss teams play in the BCS title game ahead of an undefeated BSU squad.
- Colorado isn’t big on anonymity. (h/t The Wiz of Odds)
- So Charlie Weis tells us that “NFL people” swooned over Jimmy Clausen battling turf toe in the Fighting Irish’s epic win over Purdue (“Good to see a quarterback with some guts”). Wonder what those unnamed sources thought about Baylor’s Robert Griffin playing most of the first half with a torn ACL that put him out for the rest of the season.