A little of this, a little of that, this morning…
- Steve Spurrier says Alabama lies and cheats.
- Even Marcus Gilbert says Malcolm Sheppard didn’t do anything to justify a personal foul penalty.
- Speaking of that game, this is great.
- The Wiz looks at programs that are dead to Vegas.
- Defending the BCS may become a full-time job.
- How soon until Glenn Beck alleges that Goldy the Gopher has ties to the Obama administration? The mascot is obviously a Godless commie.
- Junior thinks a moral victory is going to be much harder to achieve against the undoubted #1 Crimson Tide.
- Mississippi State folks hope Dan Mullen can become a verb just like Sylvester Croom did. It’s not gonna happen this week.
- Ed Gunther makes a compelling point about cupcake games: “So of the $20 million or so that BCS conferences rake per year because of BCS games, they turn around and give probably $5-8 million of it to non-BCS teams. (If the BCS conference commissioners were so inclined, they could publicize the hell out of that fact, showing that while non-BCS teams don’t receive as much money from the BCS directly, they receive a lot more than people think indirectly. It would probably bolster their position that the BCS is good for football in general and at least quell some of the screaming from the lower levels about how they get the monetary shaft.)” Maybe he should become the BCS permanent spokesman.
- Finally, some things you wouldn’t want to see on a stadium Jumbotron.