Nothing new in my top five, but a little shake up elsewhere:
BEST OF THE REST
- Boise State
- Georgia Tech
- Miami (FL)
- Ohio State
- Virginia Tech
- As emotionally satisfying as it would have been, I honestly couldn’t drop Georgia Tech out of the top twelve completely after Saturday night’s loss. The fact is that they did just enough to have a puncher’s chance at the end of the game. That being said, the Jackets clearly have the weakest defense of any team on the list above and it won’t surprise me at all to see them lose again this year.
- If I left Virginia Tech and Georgia Tech in the top twelve, I couldn’t justify excluding Miami at this point. All three ACC schools seem joined at the hip right now.
- The schedule is killing Penn State.
- Figuring out which school would take Pitt’s place wasn’t the hardest call for me this week. Deciding whether Cincinnati or Boise State should get a top five nod was.
- Total time spent on ballot: 35 minutes.