Today is giving the lie to this being the quiet time in college football, so dig in.
- We’ll miss you, Rennie Curran. I thought this was the most interesting factor he pointed to in his decision to leave: “And just the fact that we have a new defensive coach coming in which is a new system to learn and when you’ve lost guys on the defensive line – Jeff Owens, Geno, big Kade…”
- Pete Carroll goes out with class: “The Pete Carroll era in Los Angeles appeared to have ended late Sunday as the Los Angeles Times reported that Southern California players were informed of his departure for the Seattle Seahawks by a text message from an assistant coach.” How Petrino of him.
- All of which makes this rant pretty apropos.
- This is a damned good idea.
- This, on the other hand, definitely isn’t.