Just a few items that jumped out at me in the wake that national signing day left:
- Chicken v. Egg: is it the top schools that make the top recruiting classes, or the top recruiting classes that make the top schools?
- Deep breaths, Dawg fans… deep breaths.
- Seantrel Henderson is the second sanest member of the Class of 2010.
- The sanest member? I’d have to go with Oklahoma signee Kenny Stills, based on this quote: “I don’t want to name the school, but I’ve had one tell me that I’m already better than the kids they have there right now. What kind of recruiting are you doing where you’d say that a high school kid is better than juniors and seniors in college? I’m not questioning myself at all, but I have to think their kids are better than I am right now. Some of it is B.S.”
- Yeah, I know Florida signed the Greatest Recruiting Class Of Our Era, but how ’bout that Mack Brown? Texas offered 30 scholarships and signed every one of the 25 kids who took official visits. Wow.
- Have you ever heard players react to a last-minute rejection the way Bacarri Rambo and Jakar Hamilton did with their “Da’Rick, you’re dead to me now” comments?