Eat… there’s no football for a while.
- For Georgia Tech, more and more, it’s looking like Andy McCollum.
- When you haven’t played in a bowl game in two years, scheduling two 1-AA teams in the same season doesn’t seem like the brightest move.
- This has to be a record: “The Gophers football team under coach Tim Brewster the past three years has had six coordinators.” Best of all, the AD thinks it’s some kind of coincidence.
- Oversigning at Florida? No problem – Meyer… er, Addazio… er, somebody will take care of it.
- Today’s musical question: “So if we’re more certain that Alabama was the best team in college football than we are that the Saints were the best team in the NFL, which system is really closest to fair?”
- Fun facts about 2010 SEC/Georgia recruiting: (1) Georgia (the state) provided more SEC signees than Florida; (2) Georgia only signed kids from three states (Tennessee and Vanderbilt signed kids from twelve different states); and (3) On a percentage basis, no SEC school signed more recruits from its home state than Georgia did.
- And while we’re on the subject of Georgia recruiting, yours truly was asked to answer a few questions about it over at The ACC & SEC Blog. Feel free to critique.