Grab your plate and get your day started…
- I missed this when it was initially posted, but Ivan Maisel shares something Texas AD DeLoss Dodds has to say about slowing down the conference expansion talk: “Texas athletic director DeLoss Dodds believes all the nerves on edge because of expansion could be calmed if the NCAA passed legislation removing the minimum of 12 members needed to stage a conference championship game. Then there would be no need to add members in order to jumpstart revenue…” Okay, but then what would be the point of playing a round robin schedule in the Big East or Pac-10?
- This isn’t about football, but I’m not pleased that Kentucky was able to out-recruit Georgia for this student-athlete. A school with our obvious resources should never lose out on a player like Fetch.
- Spencer Hall is rather colorfully upset with Turner Gill’s decision to ban cursing at Kansas’ practices.
- Bobby Bowden’s tower stood empty on FSU’s first day of spring practice.
- The header on Mike Hugenin’s preview of South Carolina says it all.
- Don’t miss this look back at one of my favorite Dawgs of all time, Jake Scott. I think of him every time I walk up to Stegeman.
- And cocknfire posts the mother of all did-Urban Meyer-do-Tim Tebow-right examinations.