- Ivan Maisel confirms something I’ve always suspected: even Boise State fans wonder how their school would do in the SEC.
- Steve Spurrier thinks that one of the reasons for South Carolina’s disappointing performance is that he hasn’t been enough of a jerk. That should be an easy problem to remedy.
- “Over the years, Georgia coach Mark Richt has been “a little bit leery” — his words — about hiring assistants from the NFL.”
- This less-than-ringing endorsement of Les Miles’ and his staff’s coaching skills should sit well with LSU fans.
- Mike Leach, just visitin’.
- If the postseason field is too small, they tell us it screws the mid-major schools. Now they want to tell us that if the field is too big, it’ll screw the mid-majors.
- The high cost of losing: “An analysis of 51 public universities in the six largest athletic conferences found that schools paid $38.6 million in severance costs for the fiscal year ending June 30, 2009, compared with $18 million in the fiscal year ending June 30, 2007.” Special nod to – you guessed it – Mike Hamilton, for having the largest severance expenses in the last three years combined.
- Another fine post at Shakin the Southland on defensive pass techniques.
- I dunno, there’s just something wrong about a member of the Bailey clan considering playing at Georgia Tech.