College football’s dead period has begun in earnest. You need to eat to keep your strength up:
- This may be the dumbest conference expansion/realignment speculation piece I’ve read yet, as it completely ignores the primary motivation behind any (potential) movement – the almighty dollar.
- Sounds like the Zooker has the Illinois faithful fired up. “Very small crowd at the spring game. I’d say about 2,000 total, the smallest I can recall.”
- Feel the sarcasm: “From that hyped 2006 recruiting class (ranked No. 5 nationally, proof of Charlies Weis’ greatness, foundation for multiple BCS titles), there were two players picked: Sam Young and Eric Olsen, and both went in the sixth round.”
- Doc Saturday breaks down Ryan Mallett.
- Evidently it’s not to early to begin speculation on who might be the top pick in the 2011 NFL draft. Plus, there’s a familiar name on the list.