Another day, another bunch of stories to chew on…
- When you read the set of questions that starts off this piece, you begin to understand (1) why Jim Donnan had a reputation for being a bit, um, prickly on the fan circuit and (2) that Mark Richt has the patience of a saint. I’m guessing that next year that guy will ask Richt what’s going on with the quarterbacks.
- The SEC isn’t going to force any conference school to rearrange its schedule to appease Alabama over its bye-week concerns.
- Here’s another sports writer who doesn’t understand that the NCAA has nothing to do with the BCS or a potential D-1 football playoff.
- I don’t know about you, but urging the SEC to take the lead on conference expansion so the Big Ten can’t claim the mantle of “trend setter” strikes me as the kind of thinking that gets you stuck in a land war in Asia.
- You’ve probably already heard about this, but it’s good to know that Florida’s drug testing program continues on its merry way in the post-Harvin era.
- Mike Slive doesn’t miss Lane Kiffin.
- Presented without comment: “First staged in 1972, Hot Greeks mixed the homoeroticism of college football with the dire stakes of the Peloponnesian War.” Also, drag mutants.