Awful lot of government stuff today. Sorry about that…
- I still don’t think the stuff that Michigan did to draw the NCAA’s ire was a capital crime, but I am detecting a whiff of finger-pointing from both the head coach and the school in their response that’s none too savory.
- All you did was weaken a country today, Navy football program. That’s all you did. You put people’s lives in danger.
- A House committee questions medical practices at Texas Tech. School blames Mike Leach. Big surprise there.
- Does the IRS want to know about coaches’ compensation?
- And the Justice Department wants to take a look at the one-year renewable scholarship. Good.
- With all the antitrust talk about the BCS, it’s worth looking at the Supreme Court’s ruling yesterday in the American Needle case. It’s not exactly on point, but the Court did recognize the need for sports leagues to make “a host of collective decisions” that would be beyond antitrust challenge.
- He said “getting in our behinds”. Heh.