Lots of dumb stuff to share this morning:
- RichRod gets all Zen-like with some weird fishing analogy.
- I didn’t have to read past this line in Clay Travis’ SEC realignment proposal to know I wouldn’t like it: “the SEC should look forward several decades and create even more value for the premier conference in America, the de facto minor league of the NFL.” Yeah, that’s why I care about college football.
- This comparison might have some legs if, you know, Junior had actually enjoyed a winning season somewhere.
- Vince Dooley says two Texas schools were close to joining the SEC in 1991. Roy Kramer says not really.
- One thing Tennessee doesn’t lack for is fan commitment: “… Tennessee remains the only NCAA Division I school ever to rank in the top five nationally for football, men’s basketball and women’s basketball in the same year.”
- If Utah is one of the most conservative states in the country, why do so many folks out there keep asking for the feds to step in and do something about the BCS?
- If there’s a stranger athletic department in the country than Kansas’, I’d like to know about it. (h/t The Wiz of Odds)