Plenty to put on your plate today…
- DeLoss Dodds sounds like the proverbial cat who swallowed the canary. Which isn’t particularly good news for the future of the Big XII.
- Mississippi State has a big home field advantage? Who knew?
- I’m not sure if Ryan Myerberg has the timeline of Coach Grantham’s hire totally correct, but you’ve got to love this bit about him: “He’ll be aggressive; fast and furious, not read and react.”
- Tony Barnhart may have hit on the one approach that might move college football to adopt an early signing day for recruits: “The biggest plus to an early signing period is that schools don’t have to keep spending money in January just to “babysit” players who already want to sign. A ton of money is spent just making sure guys who have committed don’t change their minds or have their minds “changed” for them by aggressive recruiting down the stretch.”
- The eyes have it.
- More Garcia love from his head coach.
- Texas Tech may have stiffed Mike Leach on a good-sized chunk of his 2009 guaranteed salary? Color me shocked, shocked.
- And you think there are too many bowl games. (h/t The Wiz of Odds)