Hope all you dads out there enjoyed your day yesterday. Here’s some morning college football nourishment:
- Speaking of Father’s Day, Watts Dantzler committed yesterday, in part because of a certain ineffective Mark Richt promotion: “The Dream Team concept was something I liked,” Dantzler said. “They showed me the list (showing UGA’s top targets) and I was at the top of the Dream Team, and that made me feel special. I’m going to be calling (Georgia recruits) Isiah Crowell and Gabe Wright when I get home and get them on board, and maybe we can have one of the top two or three recruiting classes in the country.”
- In a world where the Big XII has ditched the Oklahoma-Nebraska game, there are no sacred traditions any more.
- The Delaware school that’s home to Lane Kiffin’s prized 13-year old commitment may have some issues.
- Tim Tucker asks a good question.
- I’m not sure what’s sadder here – that UT has fallen to #72 in one of those seemingly ubiquitous preseason D-1 football program rankings (#71: a LeFevour-less Central Michigan) or that it’s still got more than a thousand football seats left to sell.
- Beware of stories entitled “Truths emerge”. They’re usually just an exercise in throwing a bunch of stuff out there to see if anything sticks. (h/t Team Speed Kills)