Fuel up… SEC Media Days are just around the corner.
- I’d love to hear Urban Meyer get asked that question about Clay Travis.
- Is it just me, or have we heard Todd Grantham talk about his coaching philosophy more in the last five months than we heard Willie Martinez talk about his in the last five years?
- Dennis Dodd has gone in to full “he’s a witch, burn him!” mode. Southern Cal isn’t returning Bush’s Heisman Trophy because he was clueless, but because he made himself an ineligible player for the season in which he earned it.
- If the NCAA really wants to get serious about cracking down on agents, Darren Rovell has some suggestions.
- It’s embarrassing how far in the bag the Gator media is for the Florida program. How embarrassing? This embarrassing: “Is it a coincidence that all this news is breaking right before SEC Media Days? Not a chance. Someone is intent on either hurting the Gators, hurting the Pouncey family or both.” Oy.
- How much was Pat Haden involved in the hiring of Lane Kiffin?
- Here’s something on how the Internet has changed the world of football recruiting.
- Same as it ever was: just read the first and last sentences of this preview of South Carolina and ask yourself how many other seasons those could have been typed for.
- The main thing I got out of Chris Low’s rankings of the SEC quarterback position is that they’re completely useless after the first two slots.
- I don’t know about Les Miles, but it sure looks like Gary Crowton ought to be on a hot seat. It’s almost criminal how much talent he wasted at LSU last season.