Fall practice is just a week away.
- Michael Elkon ponders Les Miles, CEO Coach.
- It’s kind of scary, but Matt Hinton’s predictive summary of Georgia’s season is exactly what I’ve thought for the past month or so: “Mark Richt‘s record against Florida will fall to 2-8. But Georgia will ultimately return to the 10-win club and finish the season as one of the conference’s hottest teams, using an impressive Jan. 1 win as a springboard to becoming a chic pick to knock off the loaded Gators in 2011.”
- Here’s this week’s tempest in a teapot.
- Notice he didn’t say “wouldn’t”: “… SEC Commissioner Mike Slive said Wednesday there still could be interest by other leagues to expand, but money shouldn’t be the driving force.”
- Dan Beebe has gone from idiot to savior? Riiiight.
- Georgia Tech is so cool, even the team chaplain has a street cred nickname. Heavy, man.
- Excellent Junior-inspired lede, although I would have tossed a NASCAR reference in somewhere.
- I’m reading all these Jeremiah Masoli-to-Ole Miss rumors all of a sudden, but without a waiver, how would the Nuttster get around the SEC rule prohibiting schools from taking players with less than two years of eligibility left?
- Mark Richt is on the verge of a rare accomplishment. (h/t The Wiz of Odds)