What’s the story with this Brett Favre dude? Never mind – on to the buffet:
- Chris Low has a nice piece about Aaron Murray.
- Amazingly, Derek Dooley really is closing the door on the brawl at the Knoxville bar.
- And from the same article, the man who doesn’t “ever believe in making players move positions” is making two players… move positions.
- It sounds like it’s up to Aaron Murray as to whether Mike Bobo moves back up to the box to call plays this season.
- From the Department of Unfortunate Names: the likely starter at quarterback for Kansas this season is named Kale Pick. The headlines from a bad day just write themselves, don’t they?
- When it comes to the BCS, the MAC commissioner sounds like a pretty easy-going fellow.
- I posted the other day that I wasn’t aware of any Georgia bloggers calling for Mark Richt’s head, à la Finebaum. In the interest of full and fair disclosure, I should acknowledge that I was wrong. (And, yes, that guy is serious.)
- This is why the NCAA gets the kind of crap thrown its way about the rule book that it does – deservedly so. (h/t The Wiz of Odds)
- Somebody in Rebel Land went to the trouble of interviewing Stewart Mandel about his “dirty” column on Houston Nutt. Evidently Mandel considers himself to be on a noble mission to reclaim the meaning of the world “dirty” from the unwashed masses: “Mandel wanted to make it clear that he thought the word dirty is used to lightly by fans when describing a coach who they believe does anything and everything to win games. He said that word gets tossed around too often and that is misdirected at coaches and programs over incidents that they have no control over.” [UPDATE: Don’t miss Michael Elkon’s takedown/rant of Mandel’s piece.]