CFN has the betting lines for the first week of the season. Here are a few numbers of interest:
- Georgia is a 25.5 point favorite over ULaLa (by the way, when did they start referring to themselves simply as “Louisiana”?).
- Vegas thinks it’ll be a fun week for the SEC, as every team in the conference but one is favored in its opener, from ‘Bama getting 39 against San Jose State to LSU’s -1.5 against North Carolina. Vandy is the only underdog, against Northwestern.
- Favored in a runaway to win the Big East, Pitt is a three-point underdog at Utah. Hmmm…
- Rice is only getting 28 points against Texas? Unless the Owls’ defense is much, much better, they could be down by 28 at halftime.
- I’m not sure I want to touch Oregon State getting thirteen at TCU.
- Or Boise State giving three against Virginia Tech.