A little of this and a little of that for you…
- Verne Lundquist, on what constitutes excessive celebration: “I know what it’s not. It’s not A.J. Green reacting with joy to a touchdown catch in the Georgia end zone.”
- It looks like Christian LeMay has gone all in with Georgia.
- Craig James won’t be doing any Texas Tech broadcasts this season, per a WWL spokesman. That’s the least they could do.
- Les Miles is certainly familiar with bad timing, so you’ve got to figure today he’s thinking if this had only happened a month or so ago, this wouldn’t have.
- Dueling pundits: compare Dennis Dodd’s throwaway line about Georgia – “What is the third-best team — Arkansas?, LSU?, South Carolina? (Please don’t give me Georgia).” – with what Andy Staples had to say in his preseason top 25 about his third-best team in the SEC, “… As I was putting together an all-SEC team for another project, I kept coming up with Bulldogs (Green, Boling, Glenn, Houston, K Blair Walsh, P Drew Butler) on the first team. That’s a lot of elite talent. Now consider this fact: Georgia won only eight games last year, and Coach Mark Richt has yet to post back-to-back single-digit-win seasons…”
- More shrinkage at Tennessee.
- Georgia fans certainly seem to be fed up with the state of the program these days.