One more day…
- It sounds like the Oregon trip is destined to become the last of its kind, so savor it, Dawgnation.
- My kind of focus: “Richt again said his No. 1 message to his team this year has been fixing the turnover ratio. “Flip that stat and we probably win 10 or 11 games last year. Make them beat us. Let’s not beat ourselves.” Along those lines, he said, in practice players are disciplined for every turnover or penalty and then after practice their unit is also disciplined.”
- Easily the wettest I’ve ever been at a football game. It was as if God took a gigantic bucket of water and dumped it on Sanford Stadium. Fun game, in spite of that.
- Nobody blows smoke up your ass more than Houston Nutt: “We’re in the people-helping business.” Nobody.
- I hate to say it, but this is so similar to what we’ve heard out of Athens that it’s almost depressing. It’s certainly a reality check about our expectations.
- Some of the contributors at friend of the blog Saurian Sagacity have started a new blog here.
- Paul reminds me that it’s about time to start surfing the South Carolina message boards.
- Jerry Hinnen’s preview of the Auburn-Georgia game is definitely worth a read, even if you don’t agree with his ultimate game prediction.