The buffet is not currently serving a suspension.
- The next time somebody tells you that they don’t believe athletes in college need any special attention – they’re in college, after all, right? – show him or her this.
- Year2’s review of South Carolina’s game against Southern Miss is worth a read, especially the last section.
- And CFN’s preview of Saturday’s game isn’t bad.
- It doesn’t concern football, but anything Michael Lewis writes about – in this case, the financial shenanigans that have driven Greece into virtual bankruptcy – is a must read.
- Tonight’s Auburn-Mississippi State game should be as far removed from 3-2 as imaginable.
- Joe Montana calls bullshit on Rudy. I’ve always liked Joe Montana.
- Friend of the blog and author of the most inspired college football-in-the-state-of-Florida analogy I’ve ever had the pleasure of reading Tommy Perkins is back in the blogging business at The SEC Pigskin Podcast. (You only get one guess as to his pen name there.)
- Football Outsiders delves deeply into the issue of Boise State’s strength of schedule.
- Week 1 results of the SEC Power Poll are here.