Grab a plate and settle down.
- One door closes and another one opens: Washaun Ealey’s fumbles lead to a demotion and Carlton Thomas may get the start on Saturday.
- If Thomas does, let’s hope that Green’s return opens the field up for him, as Colorado currently ranks seventh in the country in run defense.
- I read an article like this and wonder why no vintner has thought to package its product in six packs for the Alabama market.
- Of course, some Alabama fans are just high on life right now anyway. (big h/t to Elkon, particularly for his observation that “if the rest of the SEC is so mediocre, then why should Alabama go to the national title game over an unbeaten Ohio State and an unbeaten Boise State?”)
- If there’s anything amusing about the Green suspension story, it’s his mention that the NCAA glommed onto him in the first place from reading rumors in TMZ. Seth Emerson does the logical follow-up and gets the expected response (which is pretty much an admission of Green’s veracity).
- As usual, Shakin’ the Southland’s DrB does a terrific job telling you everything you need to know about the 4-3 over defense, first made famous by Jimmy Johnson’s Miami teams in the 80’s. (For more overall context, you might want to go back and read this piece again.)
- Why Diddy Bowden was shown the door – the sad tale of FSU’s steady decline in attendance.