From an entertainment standpoint, last Saturday was about as good as the SEC gets. Of course, that means this week’s power poll gets a shakeup.
- LSU. Yeah, there’s a part of me that can’t believe I’m typing this, but I don’t think there’s another team in the country that’s got six straight wins over BCS conference competition. The schedule is what gives these Tigers the slight nod over…
- Auburn. these Tigers. And it’s not like these guys haven’t had their share of close calls this season, either.
- South Carolina. The Old Ball Coach proved he still has it Saturday. Now the question is what will the ‘Cocks have in the tank come November.
- Alabama. Hard to believe that Georgia played South Carolina closer than the Tide did. Still, they’re in control of their destiny in the West.
- Arkansas. The Hogs’ offense has settled into a pattern of fading in the second half. So far that’s only cost them one game.
- Florida. WWTD?
- Mississippi State. The first half of the season has gone about as well as they could have hoped for, and they’ve only got to find two more wins to become bowl eligible.
- Georgia. It’s not that Georgia’s that good; it’s that every team below seven is that mediocre.
- Mississippi. Of all the weeks to play Alabama, this probably isn’t the one you’d choose, even coming off a bye.
- Kentucky. Randall Cobb is a special player. The rest of this team is anything but.
- Vanderbilt. If nothing else, good enough to kick a MAC team’s ass. That might be enough to beat Tennessee.
- Tennessee. So, Barbara Dooley wore a half-orange, half-red ensemble to Saturday’s game. Black would have been more appropriate.