Bye weeks and close calls didn’t have an effect on my power poll. It stays the same for the third straight week.
- Auburn. When you’re already number one, there is no bye week bounce. I’m a little surprised the Tigers opened as a three-point dog to the Tide, though.
- LSU. Not a good sign when you let an Ole Miss team which quit against Tennessee the previous week hang around until the bitter end. I wouldn’t read too much into Jordan Jefferson’s day throwing the ball against the worst secondary in the conference, either.
- Alabama. I wonder who Finebaum is picking to win the Iron Bowl.
- Arkansas. Give ’em credit for winning another tough SEC road game.
- South Carolina. You know the OBC loved that point total. It always helps when the other team doesn’t bother to show up.
- Mississippi State. Did everything they could to win the Arkansas game. Except win it, of course.
- Florida. Before the start of the season, I didn’t believe that the Gators would be an underdog to FSU, but damned if things haven’t turned out that way.
- Georgia. No bye week bounce for you!
- Kentucky. If this bunch of ‘Cats can’t beat the weakest Tennessee squad in ages, it’s hard to see when it’s ever going to happen.
- Tennessee. The season’s turning out just like they planned it.
- Vanderbilt. I didn’t have the heart to move them back to the cellar, but losing to Wake Forest should do the trick.
- Mississippi. Showed signs of life against LSU. Can they do it in the Egg Bowl?