Neither rain, nor sleet, nor even snow, shall stop the buffet.
- It shouldn’t surprise anyone that when you move the BCS to cable, the ratings will decline. I’m not hearing ESPN complaining about it, though.
- Vince Dooley, Auburn fan.
- Youth was not served when it came to the starters in the BCS title game.
- Conspiracy Theory: What does Bishop Eddie Long have to do with Auburn football? I have no idea, but this dude thinks he’s on to something.
- Auburn’s win Monday night was the SEC’s closest call during its current five-game streak.
- Nike designed Oregon’s uniforms for the BCS title game to “look fast” (h/t AthensHomerDawg). Maybe next time they should design them to make the Ducks look like winners.
- The Wall Street Journal takes a look at whether having an NFL coaching background is a key to successful coaching on the college level.