I guess the football gods heard my plea yesterday, because I’ve got a decent number of tidbits for you to sample today.
- Cecil Newton on this season: “It will take a book to really, really tell it,” Cecil said then. “Chapter after chapter of a lot of intricate situations.” Let the bidding commence!
- One week on the job and Charlie Weis is already having a positive impact on Notre Dame’s recruiting.
- Some interesting results found in the most recent NCAA survey of Division I athletes.
- Here’s CFN’s first look 2011 rankings. Georgia, ranked #24, faces four teams ranked in CFN’s top 25 and two more in the top 40. (Although Florida at number 6 looks like a stretch to me.)
- Georgia makes Phil Steele’s list of teams hit hardest by early entries to the NFL draft.
- Mark Emmert wants everyone to know that skirting NCAA rules and regulations is complex stuff.
- Mark Richt on the hot seat talk: get used to it.
- The next excessive celebration train wreck is no doubt coming down the track. And it’ll probably be spectacular.
- Lawyer who’s a no-show for a scheduled deposition cites Auburn’s appearance in the BCS title game as a reason for his absence.