I don’t know if you’ll be surprised by some of this, but I am, given the overall record so far:
- Georgia is second in the conference in pass defense, and eighth nationally.
- Georgia is third in the conference in total defense, and thirteenth nationally.
- Georgia ranks fourth in the SEC in total offense, and 37th nationally
- Georgia is second in the SEC in tackles for loss and seventh nationally.
- Scoring offense: fifth in the conference, 26th nationally.
What this tells me is that if they can clean up some of the peripheral garbage that’s hurt them, this team stands a decent chance of getting better. That “if” is a big word, though.
One thing seems pretty clear, though. Grantham’s got his troops playing this year.