Just because it’s a bye week doesn’t mean there’s not plenty of stuff to serve up to you.
- “Blair Walsh’s 20 field goal tries are the most by any college kicker in the nation. That’s in any NCAA classification—FBS, FCS, Division II or Division III.”
- Will Muschamp has less experience winning in Jacksonville than Mark Richt does.
- 41 suspensions from a single game may not be a record, but it’s gotta be close to one.
- John Conyers wants the House Judiciary Committee to take a look a college athletics, in part because he’s “… concerned about the impact that conference realignment would have on lower-profile sports teams and smaller and independent universities – especially historically black colleges and universities.”
- LSU is going to don Nike Pro Combat gear for the Auburn game.
- If you’re looking for a mid-season assessment of Georgia from a bunch of bloggers including yours truly, there’s a roundtable for that.
- The NCAA is considering a bowl ban for schools which don’t hit a minimum APR standard, which could result in not having enough schools to fill all 35 bowl games. Yeah, that’s going to work out well.
- According to Mike Gundy, Oklahoma State practices less than 4 1/2 hours per week. Not per day, per week.