All three of the contenders in the East enjoyed a bye week, which means that Georgia remains in contention to win the play against the best team in the country sweepstakes, so the stat watch lives on.
Here’s where Georgia currently stacks up with the rest of the SEC:
- Hold opponents under 17 points per game. Georgia’s defense is yielding 20.4 ppg.
- Finish at least +8 in turnover margin. Georgia’s turnover margin is +5.
- Average better than 380 yards per game on offense. Georgia’s offense is averaging 411.1 ypg.
- Finish in the top five in total defensive yardage. Georgia’s defense ranks third in total yardage.
- Finish in the top three in first downs. Georgia is tied for third in first downs.
- Finish no worse than third in passing yardage. Georgia is third in passing yardage.
- Finish no worse than third in sacks. Georgia is tied for third in sacks.
In other words, situation unchanged, which makes sense. On to Jacksonville.