Man, weekends like the last one must suck for those anti-BCS zealots who spend the first half of the season wishing for a train wreck. I figure they’re getting close to the tipping point where they stop predicting that there will be too many undefeated teams left at the end and switch to rooting for all the top ten schools to lose. Oh yeah, and Boise State, bitches!
Meanwhile, I have but one simple question: can anybody in the Big 12 play defense?
This week’s ballot:
- Boise State
- Kansas State
- Oklahoma State
- Goodbye, Wisconsin. When you play a schedule like that, you don’t get the benefit of the doubt from a last-second road loss against a ranked team. Sorry.
- Hello, Kansas State. The Wildcats are the Big 12 bookend to Oklahoma State. Somehow, though, I doubt they’ll both be on my last regular season ballot.
- There’s something reassuring about LSU and Alabama, isn’t there.
- I thought about ditching Arkansas in light of the struggle with Ole Miss, but that win over Texas A&M looks better each week.
- On the outside, still looking in: Houston and Michigan State.
- This ballot took the least amount of time to compose of any so far. I was in and out in less than 20 minutes.