A little of this, a little of that… even a couple of political twists today.
- DrB on defending Tech’s triple option: “I dont give a shit if you get a late hit or unsportsmanlike penalty, you make that QB regret he stepped on the field.” Crude, but effective.
- Christian Robinson estimates that he’s at “97 percent”. Not 90. Not 95. Not 99. 97. You gotta be impressed with the kid’s sense of calibration.
- For the first and (hopefully) last time in my life, I empathize with Rick Santorum.
- John Pennington asks a good question: “Isn’t it amazing how schools can jump from the Big 12 and MWC to the Pac-12, from the Big 12 to the Big Ten, and from the Big East to the ACC without massive threats of lawsuits? Yet let anyone talk to the SEC and they’re going to be forced to lawyer-up.” I don’t get it either.
- Mike Bobo attended Will Muschamp’s wedding.
- Here’s a look at the shift in the balance of power in the SEC.
- Can the local college football team affect political results? Well, “… a win in the 10 d before Election Day causes the incumbent to receive an additional 1.61 percentage points of the vote in Senate, gubernatorial, and presidential elections, with the effect being larger for teams with stronger fan support.”
- Nine Florida players have transferred from the program since April.
- And here are a pair of stats that speak volumes about Georgia’s season: “Butler leads the Southeastern Conference in punting with a 46.1-yard average. Yet the Bulldogs are last in the conference in net punting with an average of 34.2 yards.”
10 responses to “Wednesday morning buffet”
Muschump screamed at the preacher and threw his cumberbun after he flubbed the vows.
Yeah, and then he tried to intimidate the preacher into giving him a do-over.
And Bobo called for Muschamp to “go deep” at an inappropriate time.
Thanks. I just blew coffee out of my nose. I’m just glad it wasn’t hot.
Not a fan by any means, but admirable eye discipline by Santorum. Like Tom Brady, he mostly kept his eyes downfield, letting the peripheral vision do the work, and only at the crucial moment did he lock in to watch a play. Also, good use of misdirection with the notecard. “What do you mean, I’m staring at a screen? I can’t even see the screen — it’s covered by this notecard”
Really crisp execution. What we would all aspire to.
“Really crisp execution. What we would all aspire to.”
Not only that, Frothy is a chick magnet also too
Maybe Paul Johnson should have recruited Christian Robinson with the line from last night’s post.
IMHO, there are 3 keys to beating CPJ’s triple option.
1. Stop the dive
2. Score 1st
3. Drill the QB on every snap.
That IS a mindbogling stat, Senator. We are exceptionally bad on returns, negating one of the best O weapons we have. It takes ingenuity to screw things up that badly.
DrB is dead right on how to defend the triple option no matter what formation is being used.