It’s a two-team duel for the East, so needless to say, the stat watch marches on. Here’s where things stand now:
- Hold opponents under 17 points per game. As a team, Georgia is yielding 20.38 ppg.
- Finish at least +8 in turnover margin. Georgia’s turnover margin is +6.
- Average better than 380 yards per game on offense. Georgia’s offense is averaging 404 ypg.
- Finish in the top five in total defensive yardage. Georgia’s defense ranks fourth in total yardage.
- Finish in the top three in first downs. Georgia is third in first downs.
- Finish no worse than third in passing yardage. Georgia is third in passing yardage.
- Finish no worse than third in sacks. Georgia is first in sacks.
Most of the statistical categories were shored up on Saturday. The Dawgs dropped one slot in total defense, but are little more than a ypg behind South Carolina. Considering each team’s opposition this week, Georgia stands a good chance of reclaiming third.
The one that’s a little shaky appears to be defensive scoring. But this week’s game and the game against Kentucky should offer good opportunities to whittle that number down.