The buffet, having passed its drug test, is open for business.
- Patrick Garbin finds that the 2011 Dawg defense is on track to play as well as any of Georgia’s great defenses over the past 40 years.
- David Paschall finds that the 2011 Dawg kickoff coverage unit is epically bad.
- “We’ll kind of see how it goes, but everybody else who resembles a running back will be competing.” Except that the Dawgs will need to keep Boykin and Smith fresh against a New Mexico State offense that ranks 16th nationally in passing yardage.
- “I think you would compare the NCAA to Al Capone and to the Mafia.” At least he didn’t say Hitler.
- Smart Football introduces us to the Simple Rating System.
- West Virginia and the Big 12: our tax dollars at work.
- UAB is under the University of Alabama’s thumb. That works about as well as you might expect.
- In its last fourteen games, Stanford is 13-0-1 against the spread. You could have made some serious money riding that trend.