Last week’s top ten was threatened, but outside of Nebraska, wasn’t shook up too much. All I can figure is that the Big Ten doesn’t want a team in the top ten.
My ballot this week:
- Boise State
- Oklahoma State
- Maybe there simply isn’t a tenth-best team in the country right now.
- In the end, I went with Texas because the Horns made me hold my nose less than any other team I could put in that spot.
- That being said, I have this sinking feeling that we’re overrating the Big 12 as a whole right now – especially after watching a fairly feeble Kansas State offense rip up Okie State’s defense.
- Other schools under consideration: Kansas State, Georgia (I can’t believe I just typed that), Georgia Tech (ditto), Houston (couldn’t you guys have played just one decent team this year?) and Southern Cal.
- It took 35 minutes to put the ballot together, although it seemed like a lot longer. 34 minutes and 23 seconds of that were spent on finding a number ten team. Approximately.