Hump day nourishment:
- This is Chantastic: “Were they to finish with wins against Duke, Georgia and their bowl opponent, the Jackets would finish 10-3 and become just the fourth Tech team to win 10 games since 1956.”
- And, hey, Kentucky’s got something to play for against Georgia, too – either keeping the bowl streak alive or getting Joker Phillips a really nice dinner.
- Now he gets tough with his players.
- This sounds like something you might get if you crossed Colorado football with The Godfather.
- Andy Staples: “If this were a true Power Ranking — as in who is playing the best right now — Georgia would be in the top 10.”
- Contrary to popular belief, there is a way for three SEC teams to play in BCS games. It sure is convoluted, though.
- Matt Hayes isn’t worried about being banished to Seat 37F: “Muschamp won’t publicly say it, but Meyer and the previous staff were obsessed with recruiting four- and five-star players instead of true, meat and potatoes evaluation. The Gators are loaded with guys who played in high school all-star games and announced where they were taking their talents—but have few true football players.”
- For conference games, Oregon’s student section is capped at less than one-fourth of the student body. That makes for one tough ticket.
- Georgia shut down a fake Grantham Twitter account.