It’s in the books that Georgia is the 2011 SEC Eastern Division champ, so however things play out from here, the DSW will have to incorporate the results into a new framework.
Here’s what we’re looking at now:
- Hold opponents under 17 points per game. As a team, Georgia is yielding 17.8 ppg.
- Finish at least +8 in turnover margin. Georgia’s turnover margin is +9.
- Average better than 380 yards per game on offense. Georgia’s offense is averaging 427.6 ypg.
- Finish in the top five in total defensive yardage. Georgia’s defense ranks third in total defense.
- Finish in the top three in first downs. Georgia is second in first downs.
- Finish no worse than third in passing yardage. Georgia is third in passing yardage.
- Finish no worse than third in sacks. Georgia is first in sacks.
Total offense and first downs took small hits, but that’s about it.
Shaving another point off scoring defense per game is going to be tough this week, though.