This isn’t getting any easier, people.
- Boise State
- Oklahoma State
- Southern Cal
- I swear, I feel like I’ve changed this list at least four times in the last day. I can’t imagine how much time I’d need to compose a top 25 ballot in order.
- I dumped Michigan and Kansas State this week. Michigan, because I don’t think a top ten team struggles with Ohio State’s offense like it did. Kansas State, because I grow less convinced each week that the Big 12 is as strong as everyone insists and because that Miami win shrinks in value week by week.
- I think Wisconsin is the best team in the Big Ten right now. The Badgers are playing good ball. And as much as it pains me to say it, so are Junior’s Trojans.
- Virginia Tech is out because the Hokies don’t have a win over an upper tier opponent. And if I exclude them on that basis, Georgia stays out, too. Georgia is a better team right now than South Carolina.
- Houston… yeah, they keep winning. But the best wins the Cougars have are over UCLA and Tulsa. That ain’t much at all. It’s an undefeated team with a great quarterback that ranks 60th in total defense playing Sagarin’s 111th rated strength of schedule. A slightly shinier version of 2007 Hawaii, in other words. I can’t buy in.