No Cajun-flavored items on the menu… yet.
- The SECCG spread has opened up to 13.5.
- If Kirby Smart gets the Ole Miss coaching job, I wonder what effect that will have on Alabama’s recruiting in the state of Georgia.
- The Auburn quarterback situation must be more dire than we thought.
- Travis saves me some time and bandwidth with this.
- Will Friend’s explanation for Dallas Lee’s rapid recovery: “Guys wanna play in big games. Not many SEC championships come around very often.”
- Jonathan Chait starts out with a strong rebuttal to Taylor Branch’s piece about paying college players, but kind of fizzles out towards the end with his suggestion to violate antitrust law by fixing coaches’ salaries. Not that college administrators wouldn’t love to do that.
- Grant Teaff is unhappy that Turner Gill got canned after only two seasons. He’s probably not as unhappy as the Kansas folks paying Gill’s $6 million buyout.
- Kentucky beat writer ranks this year’s coaching jobs in the SEC. I’m pretty much in agreement, although Richt would move up with a win Saturday.
- Here’s somebody who obviously didn’t watch Corch’s last season at Florida.
- And Mike Bianchi continues to tee off on Urban Meyer.
- Has anybody considered the possibility that Craig James is a performance artist and not a serious analyst?