The last week of the regular season is in the books, less Army-Navy, and my ten best are as follows:
- Boise State
- Oklahoma State
- Southern Cal
- My top eight were easy decisions – those being every team listed above except Arkansas and Michigan – but those last two slots were a bitch to fill.
- Man, the computers really love Oklahoma. I thought about keeping the Sooners in my top ten again this week, despite the OSU blow out, but when one of your three losses is to a crappy Texas Tech squad, it’s just a bridge too far for me.
- At least we won’t have Houston and Virginia Tech to kick around anymore.
- Yeah, I’m probably screwing Georgia and Michigan State for playing in their respective championship games and losing.
- Following that, I think Michigan makes a stronger case for inclusion than does South Carolina.