Just a few random nibbles to whet your appetite:
- In case you’ve wondered what Rogers Redding has been up to, the NCAA turns its attention to players’ helmets popping off during play.
- More shit Nick Saban didn’t have time for.
The Ted Roof to UCF move is already paying dividends on the recruiting trail.
- The New York Times cites UCLA blog for its pressure on the AD about the search for a new football head coach. Well done, fellas.
- Ivan Maisel on Kansas’ hire of Charlie Weis: “It’s as if a kosher restaurant in New York hired the winner of the annual Lawrence Sertoma 48 BBQ Contest.”
- Who here won’t laugh his or her ass off if Dave Wommack turns out to be a better defensive coordinator at Ole Miss than he was at Georgia Tech?
- Matt Hinton refines his D-1 football playoff proposal.
- And Pre-Snap Read gives you a look at this year’s bowl games under 1997 rules.
- LSU wins the conference and places the most players on the SEC’s All-Freshman team. That’s a good formula for avoiding a drop off.