Sample the wares, folks…
- Mike Bobo wants Murray and Jones to come up with a gameplan for Michigan State: “I haven’t gotten that much from them,” Bobo said, “but they like to think they’re coaches.” Hmm… maybe he should try that approach with some fans on the Internet.
- John Infante suggests the NCAA should consider combining the $2000 stipend proposal with a college football playoff run by the NCAA. As always, it’s so easy.
- For Steve Spurrier, Dabo Swinney is the new Philip Fulmer.
- This pro-BCS piece is a little too smug for my taste, but it’s hard to argue with one point: “… before 1992 the No. 1 and No. 2 teams in The Associated Press poll met just eight times to determine the national champion. When the Bowl Alliance/Bowl Coalition was in place, because of the Big Ten/Pac-10 tie-in with the Rose Bowl, the top two teams met just three of the six years it was functioning.”
- The first rule of bowl games: Everyone else picks up the tab.
- Will Muschamp interviews Kerwin Bell for the Florida OC opening. Maybe Muschamp’s trying to assemble a staff of coaches who know what it’s like to be on the losing side in the Cocktail Party.
- RU-DEE! RU-DEE!
- New phrase from the New Orleans Bowl: illegal stemming. Sounds like doing something questionable with flowers.